Did you know that Canada is home to some amazing tourist attractions that are often overlooked? In fact, many of these places are so wonderful, they deserve to be more well-known. Here are ten of the best-underrated tourist spots in Canada.
1. The Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick is one of the world’s most unique natural wonders. It has the highest tidal range in the world, and visitors can watch the tides come in and out up to sixteen times a day.
2. The Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia is a beautiful scenic drive that winds through the rugged coastal mountains. It offers stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and is a great place for hiking and biking.
3. The Canadian Rockies in Alberta are some of the most majestic mountains in the world and offer plenty of opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy hiking, skiing, and camping.
4. Prince Edward Island is known as “the gentle island” and is home to beautiful red sand beaches, picturesque lighthouses, and rolling green fields. It’s a great place for a relaxing vacation.
5. The Laurentian Mountains in Quebec are perfect for those who love winter sports. There are countless ski resorts and trails to explore, as well as plenty of other activities like snowmobiling and dog sledding.
6. Niagara Falls is one of North America’s most popular tourist destinations and for good reason – it’s an amazing sight to see! There are also many other things to do in the area, such as visiting wineries and casinos.
7. The Gaspé Peninsula in Quebec is a must-see for nature lovers. It’s home to pristine forests, a rugged coastline, and thousands of miles of hiking trails.
8. Stanley Park in Vancouver is one of North America’s largest urban parks and is a great place for a walk or bike ride along the seawall or through the forested areas.
9. Old Montreal is a charming historic district in Quebec City that has been preserved since the 17th century. It’s full of narrow cobblestone streets, quaint boutiques, and picturesque architecture.
10. The Thousand Islands Parkway in Ontario is a scenic drive along the St Lawrence River that takes visitors past dozens of small islands with lovely waterfront villages. It’s a great place to enjoy the outdoors and take in stunning views.
If you’re looking for a vacation spot that’s off the beaten path, consider visiting one of these beautiful destinations.